#511181 Production/Application Support
Roles & Responsibilities
The job holder will have to perform the following duties:
• Provide level 1 support to the production services. (e.g. Incident/batch/release management, system DR)
• Monitor the healthiness of Production systems and recover the systems as quickly as possible when incidents occur.
• Analyze and trouble-shoot all kind of Production system issues.
• Participate in problem investigation and collaborate with the system development team to provide long-term solution for all kind of system problems.
• Participate in system releases and post-release incident management and reporting.
• Analyze and resolve issues/requests from business users.
• Communicate with business users and production support managers to report system status.
• Document support procedures and system knowledge for knowledge management in a global scale.
• A university graduate with degree in computer science or a related discipline.
• Strong SQL knowledge
• UNIX / Shell scripting
• Oracle or Sybase specific knowledge is a plus
• Control-M, WebSphere, WebLogic, MQ and Java is a plus
• ITIL knowledge/certification is not essential but desirable
• Strong communication skills and documentation skills
• Fluent in English, good communication and writing skills for direct interaction with globally spread businesses and IT stakeholders
• Sense of urgency; pro-activeness• Ability to work under stress and deliver in a responsive manner