Global Network Operations Center Engineer
JOB ID: 518503
We are looking for a highly motivated and an experienced Network Operations Center Engineer to join Global team to take on the problems of tomorrow while continuing to build and secure the foundation of today.
We need you to be a hands-on Network Operation Center Engineer with technology in researching, crafting, and implementing capabilities and defenses to secure and protect our critical assets & Fan’s data.
• Work as part of a team to ensure the stability, availability, and performance of environments which include networks, monitoring, JIRA tickets, change management, account management and triaging issues.
• Respond to reported issues promptly, drive the issues to resolutions and keep relavant parties well informed of issue status
• Analyze and maintain service stability by creating and documenting troubleshooting instructions and best practices.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to perform and document the troubleshooting processes and maintenance tasks.
• Able to write scripts to help with automation.
• Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve problem identification and response time in systems.
• Assists with deploying/rolling back code to production environments including cloud.
Qualities we are seeking
• Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to explain security concepts to people of varying levels of security sophistication.
• Ability to work under pressure with a calm demeanor.
• Strong organizational skills – the ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams.
• A passionate, innovative, creative, motivated technology generalist eager to participate in and continuously learn about multiple aspects of running a large scale internet web site.
• Ability to take a project and run with it - a strong work ethic, organizational skills, perseverance, and the ability to utilize research tools to solve problems – as well as the ability to recognize when it is time to ask for help in surmounting an obstacle.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• This role is located in a department that operates 24x7x365. Qualified candidates must be able to work a flexible rotating schedule, including weekends and holidays, and between the hours of 0:00 am to 8:00 am.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline
• 1+ years of experience in a 24 x 7 Network Operations Center in a largescale Internet web site, monitoring and managing production UNIX (Solaris) / Linux / Windows systems.
• Experience responding to incidents from end users.
• Experience in security best practices for Windows desktops and servers, Linux servers, and network devices.
• Experience in Python, or other scripting language and the ability to automate repetitive tasks.
• Understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and the ability to capture and analyze network traffic streams.
• Experience with a variety of open source and commercial security monitoring and testing tools such as nmap, Extrahop, SIEM (Splunk ES), IDS/IPS, Distil, Akamai, ThousandEyes.
• Experience with Configuration Management Tools like Puppet, Ansible to manage patching of the Linux servers
• Knowledge and experience with VMware & Cloud (Prefer GCP)
Contact&WeChat: Frank Sha, 13611874691