- Implement DEPARTMENT use cases in GCP (design, development/coding, testing & deployment into Production) e.g.
- example 1: Build near-real-time pipeline: a message is published by an COMPANY system > Pub/Sub > Dataflow > write record to BigQuery > trigger data science analytics in Datalab.
- example 2: Build batch process: a large file is generated in an COMPANY Hadoop cluster > an Abinitio job transfers the file to Cloud Storage (raw data) > write data to BigQuery (normalised data).
- example 3: Write a complex Dataflow job in Java (or Python) to merge customer and transaction messages with bulk unstructured news articles > update customer profile record in Bigtable > re-calculate customer risk score.
- Collaborate with central teams (architecture, security, engineering, networks) who are responsible for delivering COMPANY抯 baseline cloud architecture. Ensure that DEPARTMENT requirements are taken into account.
- Collaborate with other development teams that are also working to deliver use cases on GCP e.g. share best practice.
Implement DevOps / Automation on GCP according to system requirement#511529 DevOps Engineer
Our client company is a UK based international finance and technology company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Technical Skills - must-have
- Some knowledge of cloud architecture & services (preferably GCP).
- 3+ years Java experience.
- Linux, Bash/shell scripting.
- DevOps principles & tools (CICD, Bamboo/Jenkins, Github/Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence).
- Excellent in Jenkins
- Excellent in Automation toolset (Terraform, Ansible or Saltstack).
- Agile development principles (Scrum, Kanban, MVP).
- Data (databases, management, transformation, metadata).
- Technical Skills - nice-to-have
- GCP certified.
- Nexus, Git, GitHub.
- Experience on Microservice E2E Design/Deployment
- Additional Requirements
- Good communication (verbal, written, email). Ability to explain complex ideas.
- Ability to work as part of an agile team (familiarity with agile methodology).
- Ability to work in a team that is located across multiple countries/regions.
- Willingness to adapt and learn new things.
- Takes ownership of tasks.