# 511055 Data Scientist (Big Data)
Our client company is a UK based international company.
Roles & Responsibilities
The developer will work with the team to research and develop server side components to solve complex data cleansing, entity resolution, network graph building and graph querying problems on a very large (Big Data) scale in a highly performant way.
The developer will additionally need to work with to integrate this solution with other components of the wider programme
Designing and contributing to the implementation of complex algorithms.
Complex data engineering pipleines
Responsible for implementing Scala solutions on Hadoop (Spark) and GraphX (Spark GraphDB), development of Elastic Search components may also be required. The role will require working closely with Project Managers, Technical Leads, Data analysts, server and web developers, QA engineers, and Business Analysts throughout the project lifecycle.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Skilled at generating actionable insights from data
- Strong mathematical background
- Developing, iterating and productionising complex data models
- Big Data/Hadoop/Parallel Processing
Essential Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to navigate a complex organisation.
- Ability to be self-directed/motivated.
- Keen to learn new skills and approaches. Inquisitive nature.
- Excellent organisation skills and capability to manage multiple parallel activities.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Any SNA system e.g. SAS Fraud Framework, Palantir, Wynyard, Detica Netreveal, digital reasoning, Novetta
- Elastic Search
- Elastic Search/Lucene
- Big Data
- Google Cloud Platform
If you are interested in the role, please kindly contact Shark FENG:
Mobile: +86 15622381862